21 May, 2022

I don't want to know where he got those marvelous toys.

□ [“Batman's Gay Now"]

Because of course.  They've already done with Robin in the last year or so, why not just add Bruce Wayne, in continuity.  Guess that'll lead to something new if Batman and Robin ever see each other naked.  Nah, rich guy with his boytoy in a private mansion where they go through heavy physical labor, it's not like they have a shower or a locker room there.

And this is in-continuity, the primary DC universe and everything.  It's what the corporate masters want and apparently is what will save their comics sales.  Or something.

For the last few years, I've noticed my interest in superheroes has basically gone.  They've been going down for a long time but, well, I had a lot of interest at one point.  I think the Avengers movies are probably mostly to blame although it may also be related to my military career, maybe even the brain bleeding.  Who knows, I don't.

But I've noticed that any interest I had in Batman has gone down the most.  It's probably not related to this but it does seem that DC has had some bizarre interest in Batman and at this point I think it's about making him totally gay.  Don't know why it couldn't be done with Superman, it's already a given with Wonder Woman only wanting women, but it's never been clear why they don't just create some new character that does all that superhero stuff and is gay too.

That would require creative abilities which apparently DC can't find any.  And apparently gays aren't about creating anything, they're about taking whatever already exists and making it gay.  Here's proof, straight from them.

The article says DC just did something like actual creation, they made up a female black teen who has Superman and Captain Marvel's powers so she's the most powerful in the DC Universe.  Don't know if she's been in any comics but she had a tv series that started in January and was just cancelled, who knew?

I'm still not sure how, but it seems like a perfect example of what's wrong with the basic concept of superheroes.

No comments: