26 June, 2022

This movie is false! He's never actually riding a saddle that blazes!

Hundreds Injured, Multiple Dead After Arena Collapses During Bullfight in Colombia
June 26, 2022

I am watching Blazing Saddles.  Only watching one scene-or-so at a time, in between getting work done on the book, but so far I'm already captivated.  I've seen it enough times to know everything that happens but it's been many years since I've seen it and when I'm playing it, I can't take my eyes off it.

Just the coloring is spectacular, at least compared to modern crap.  No idea the last time I saw a real movie with real lighting but this is so bright and watchable, never mind anything to do with the characters or story.

I don't have a clue how coloring is done in movies but I'm positive that one thing which ruined the medium is the use of computer filming.  Back when they had to pay for new film every time they turned the camera on, a lot more work had to be done to get things right for filming.  Now there's a lot more filming 'whatever' and pretending that it makes an actual story.  You can add special effects but there's no reason to think the actors are even in the same room for those, much less wearing those outfits or standing on that set at the time.

But I am enjoying this movie immensely.  The sets look real even though they're obviously fake as is proven later on.  The actors are bringing forth the characters, the storyline builds smoothly.  There's just something about it that's far more interesting to watch than, basically anything else I can remember seeing in the last couple decades.

I really liked the first Avengers movie, but my interest in that and its sequels has more to do with the characters in a shared universe that I've followed for most of my life.  Incredibles is the last movie that comes to mind which I completely enjoyed like this for its own sake, and obviously that was a cartoon made back when superhero movies were barely a thing.

But anyway, the movie was a quite fun way to spend an hour and a half.

But that farting scene is totally offensive to modern audiences.  They abuse the mentally-disabled Mongo!  This would never be allowed nowadays.

No comments: