03 July, 2021

When I die, I hope I won't wish I'd done more sexting.

If I ever was, it's been a long time since I've been the sort of person who puts some media on to make noise while I work on something else.  I am doing that more with music these days than I have in a long time, I do sometimes find myself putting on a Facts of Life episode and not watching it - I still haven't watched all the episodes and don't intend to, now it's mostly putting on my favorites, maybe one or two I haven't re-watched much since I started doing this - and today, I actually put a movie on.  I never thought that would happen.

I did buy a DVD player just to get good use of Facts of Life since I bought the DVDs, and for a couple days I've had random thoughts that, since I now have all my stuff again, I could play a movie or some other form of video that I bought a DVD on back when those were popular.  I just couldn't think of anything I actually wanted to watch, I'd still have to dig through boxes anyway.

But last night I thought of The Magnificent Ambersons and that one stuck out, ok, I'd like to watch that again.  But I don't want to search through boxes.  But maybe I'd purchased it on Amazon Video at some point and I'd just watch it there.  But I hadn't.  Obviously I could do it right now, but I wasn't that interested.  It's too much like work, man!!!

I did go through the page and look at what movies I had purchased at some point.  Most of them are among my favorites of all-time but none of them reached out to me at the moment.  The closest was Citizen Kane and since I had Orson Welles on the mind anyway, I went with that.

It was interesting.  Except for one scene where I did look to see who was on screen - Susan's drug overdose, I was wondering if Kane or the maid was the one who found her - I didn't watch a single second of it, I just listened while doing some tedious work on the "History project."

And I still enjoyed it.  It's been ages since I played it last but despite memory problems, it's still deep within my mind and I knew who was going to do what and when.  I'm even tempted to put it back on and genuinely watch it this evening when I finally get tired of working.

I am thinking about movies quite a bit.  Yes, I'm watching more than I have for the last decade or two but you can still count those I'm watching each month on your fingers and not need very many of those.  I think what I'm most considering is the industry itself, how it operates and how it has a massive difference in attention towards the stars and everybody else in the huge businesses required to make even the most basic of movies.

There's also the way they use the industry to destroy the society that makes the industry possible, and makes them rich and famous, that requires a large amount of psychic problems.  I don't even speculate whether that has anything to do with acting or even leftism, that part's above my pay grade.

I also speculate on what the industry took from previous arts like theater, radio, recorded music and so on.  That's fine, but I have to blame the 20th Century in general for what movies have become, the very technology couldn't have existed before and it vastly multiplied any effect the other arts would have.

Antifa Attacking Protesters at Spa That Allowed Customer to Flash Penis at Little Girls Because of His ‘Gender Identity’
July 3, 2021

Black Militia Group Called “The Rise of the Moors” Shuts Down Massachusetts Highway Outside of Boston
July 3, 2021

Supreme Court Ends Dems Attempt To See If Trump Lied To Mueller
July 3, 2021

The Homeless on Venice Beach, California Are Out of Control – One Man Is Beaten While Sitting on the Sidewalk
July 3, 2021

76-Year-Old Woman Seriously Injured After Being Shoved to the Ground in Unprovoked Attack in New York City
July 2, 2021

Seattle-Area Muslim Activist Ubax Gardheere Running For King County Council Once Boarded a Bus Full of Children and Threatened to Blow It Up
July 2, 2021

Jen Psaki Repeats Absurd Lie that Republicans Are In Favor of Defunding Police; Babbles Stupidly When Asked to Name a Single Republican Calling for Defunding the Police
July 1, 2021

Hunter Biden's Laptop Contains Photos of Joe Biden Meeting With Hunter's Foreign "Business Partners" -- Despite Joe Biden's Vow That He Had No Part in Hunter's "Businesses"
July 1, 2021

No comments: