16 July, 2022

Why are we here? To make fun of you.

Stand-Up Comedian, Writer and Actor Jak Knight Dies at 28 – Cause of Death Unknown
July 15, 2022

□ [“Kamala Harris’ Chief Speechwriter Quits After Less Than 4 Months on the Job"]

More and more keeps coming out that she's a horrible person to work with.  It's pretty clear that she thinks she's already POTUS, it's reinforced by the fact that she's done nothing whatsoever to earn that position and even moreso that she's doing nothing *with* that position.

I'm trying to work out what sort of conspiracy would be required to make this workable.  A conspiracy of the self-identified elite who already happen to be rich and famous for whatever reason?  Poor people can think that way too but they can't be surrounded by people who think the same way.  That's just not doable.

But if you have enough money for servants, they'll all tell you what you want to hear, which reinforces the self-identification as an important person.  I've actually been pondering if there is something genuinely evil about money *if* you have too much of it.  That answer is definitely above my pay-grade but it's worth thinking about.

Pop Star Ricky Martin Accused of Incest and Domestic Violence, Hit With Restraining Order By Nephew
July 16, 2022

U.S. adds 2.5 million Bavarian Nordic monkeypox vaccine doses, expects more in July
July 15, 2022

Trump-Appointed Judge Blocks Air Force from Expelling Unvaccinated Service Members and Enforcing Vaccine Mandate
July 16, 2022

Georgia: Election Group Founded By Stacey Abrams Didn’t Report Millions In Spending
July 16, 2022

Priorities. Kamala Harris Discusses Abortion Rights with Legislators in Philly as Police Struggle to Keep Up with Homicide Rate
July 16, 2022

□ [“Biden’s Transgender Assistant Health Secretary Rachel Levine and Gender Fluid “Pup Handler” Sam Brinton Attend French Ambassador’s Bastille Day Party"]

As everybody has noticed, they didn't go with Biden to Saudi Arabia.  Muslims actually know what a woman is  This is about humiliating ourselves before the world.

It's been a long day.  It's been a long week.  I'm not sure how much stuff I'll be able to write today.  There's some news articles I've been thinking about and I might have had some insight on leftism.

Ok, I've always been a very self-absorbed person, focused on what I do and what's important to me.  But I've also realized that nobody else thinks that's important or if they do, it's because it's what they're interested in.  You may have noticed that I use the first-person a lot but no matter how close you've followed all my writing, you don't actually know that much about me.

So it occurred to me today that this is what separates normal people from leftists.  They are focused on other people and deny that it's anything to do with their individual selves, even though it's their individual selves that actually do anything.

For instance, I have no idea how many people actually follow any of my writing.  I hope it influences them for the better but that's not why I do it.  I write because I like writing.  It would be different if I wrote specifically to influence others.

And this works out through most-if-not-all of human progress.  No one becomes an athlete because they want to influence others.  Constructing a building or performing brain surgery, the desire to do that work has to outweigh anything else or it's not going to be any good.

This is what makes freedom work.  You're not interested in what I do.  If you're interested in what I'm saying here, it's because you see a benefit to it.  I'd like you to pay for my books, but that's not why I wrote them.  We can each continue our respective interests and have little or nothing to do with each other for the rest of our lives.  That's freedom.

Pelosi’s Husband Buys Computer Chip Stocks Before Vote That Would Give Billions In Subsidies To Chip Companies
July 16, 2022

It is true that living in a group means thinking about other people is important.  It's also true that humans as individuals are far too complicated to fall into these basic definitions I'm using.  We all approach things differently and to different degrees, that's how we're individuals.

Collectivists don't like to accept that but their focus on other people always seems to lead them to cancel any individual they don't like, and blame any group that individual is a part of.  It's over-simplification, all to impose a connection to others and, oddly enough, the leftist always gets to make the decisions for them.

I've noticed that the leftist rarely uses any skills to fix things.  They are capable of learning and I assume some of them can do have genuine ability.  It's just that they tend to ignore that and focus on other people, particularly those who agree with them.  That way they can sit around and accomplish nothing while claiming how everyone is so oppressed.

Tell them people are starving, they'll say what should be changed.  They won't produce any food, they'll just say what should be changed.  Only if their commands are followed will they get involved.

PURE POISON: Covid Shots Affected 42% of Women’s Menstrual Cycles, NEARLY HALF!
July 16, 2022

Biden in Saudi Arabia: “We’ll Always Honor the Bravery and Selfishness – Selflessness… of the Americans Who Served”
July 16, 2022

And that effect, whenever they seize power, is to threaten to cut anybody who defies them.  This is the opposite of freedom.

There's a recent event, which I probably won't cover now, about Democrats arguing over the pretend-genders.  A news article said they should stop forcing everybody to use these new pronouns, half of the responses say they never force anybody to use them, the other half says they have to force everybody to use them.  If you care that much about what pronouns other people use, you're the one with the problem and you don't even realize it.

I'll try to do more on this later, this has been interesting to think about.

No comments: