23 February, 2021

Has anyone ever seen Donald Trump and Ted Turner together?

The "history project" continues, the book continues, the world continues to fall apart.

□ [“Biden Caught In Another Big Lie – Claims More Deaths from COVID than WWI, WWII and Vietnam Wars Combined – Simply Not True"]

What are they going to do to him?  He seems to be getting worse, he doesn't even know what executive orders he's signing and must be setting a record for executive orders.  This isn't going to be the end of it, it's going to get worse.  The government is the slave-owner, that's how whoever's really in charge wants it.  This is why I suspect China is most responsible, they've sure been adding slaves recently.

Whoever it is, they're obviously in a rush.  Having stolen all the elections, you'd think there'd be no need to work beyond Congress but they've obviously got plans in mind.  Perhaps Biden's going to drop dead any minute and that will leave Harris who even living Democrats didn't vote for.

□ [“Democrat Florida Official Refuses to Lower Flags to Honor Conservative Icon Rush Limbaugh Despite Gov DeSantis’ Order"]

We're falling apart.  The reds in blue states are resisting, the blues in red states are resisting.  Perhaps they'll be forming their own fiefdoms, or maybe this was already prepared for.  I half-expect to wake up one morning and find that China or Iran have nuked the US.  It's possible they'd invade, but I don't see much point to that.

Currently the "History project" has me looking at movies and tv.  I'm honestly amazed at how far I've been from them for quite a while now.  I'm noticing shows on cable networks I'm not sure I ever heard of and that was back when I had cable which was even longer ago than when I had a tv set.  I probably did, the only ones I notice were on cable channels I would have at least paid attention to, MTV or something, but it is so weird.

How does someone create those shows?  I stopped paying much attention to MTV when they stopped playing much in the way of music videos, but still, how does that happen?  Hiring a bunch of people and filming/editing them for ages can't be cheap, back in their early-reality tv days, even if it is cheaper than normal network shows.

And who's actually paying for them?  The cable companies are paying a certain fee for networks, advertisers pay for more, how the hell do they know how much money should be coming in?  On the rare occasions when I do pay attention to what's on tv, it boggles the mind that they make all these weird shows, who would possibly watch them?  Especially with this much competition and that's just what's on tv.  How many people will die wishing they'd watched more tv?

I am wondering if there's something in the form which does attract certain types of people.  It's aimed at children and is certainly easy to blame for what's gone wrong in the last few decades, but I'm not sure it's actually tv's fault, perhaps it's the "leftism" some people are born with and want to impose upon everyone else.  [I've gotta figure out a better term than "leftism."]

Anyway, this is what I think about.

Harry Shearer Steps Down from Voicing Black ‘Simpsons’ Character Dr. Hibbert
February 23, 2021

No comments: