06 December, 2021

I find your lack of Rococo Coffee disturbing...

Tomorrow there is... I can't believe I'm saying this... something on television I'm tempted to watch.

ABC has some sort of program where they are remaking old shows.  I haven't looked into it and have no idea how they're doing this, if it's reenacting a single episode or updating it or combining different episodes to effectively make a new one, but they're doing The Facts of Life.  And apparently an episode of Diff'rent Strokes is included as well.

Why?  What is the point?  This series is produce by Norman Lear, who knew he was still alive?  Unless he's been given a new body, he must be there in name only, the guy's 99 years old.  So yes, they're doing his shows, Woody Harrelson was Archie Bunker, others were in the Jeffersons and Good Times.  Looking it up, the Jeffersons actually had Marla Gibb as Florence.  That basically shows the ridiculousness of the idea.  She is Florence, no one else should be, but she's 90 years old.  And apparently John Amos appeared in Good Times although not as his character.

So now they're doing a show I've actually been interested in for the last year or so.  The only one I've heard of is Jennifer Anniston (age 52) playing Blair.  Blair/Lisa Whelchel is 58 now.

I mean, ok, if I can find a way to see it, I will watch it.  But I do not expect to enjoy this.  Youtube does have Woody Harrelson and Marisa Tomei singing "Those Were The Days" and I did see that.  Not as enjoyable as the original, that's for sure.

I will admit I would love this if they could get all four girls on in some sort of cameo although I can't imagine how.  Other than sitting around as Eastland students, what else could they do?  And I would not like it if they only had one or two of them.  It's a foursome, deal with it.

I am genuinely curious what episode they're going to do.  What little I've seen of the Bunkers, it does look like they refilm the whole set.  Still, they have to be at Eastland so there's half the series that's not available.  The first season doesn't have Jo so that's down to a third of the whole run.  Jo's first appearance is a two-parter, probably not doable.

I count 64 total episodes from Seasons 2-4.  11 of those episodes were either two-parters or backdoor pilots for another series that never happened.  Another 14 or so focus overly on one of the main cast or involve someone who isn't one of them (most notably Cousin Geri) so they aren't likely.  It is quite possible that the producers would aim for one of the 'socially relevant' episodes.  I hope they don't but it's not like I ever get what I want.

Obviously I would pick the 'paint fight' episode or the 'pillow fight' episode but I also see that a male actor has been included on the list so those aren't doable unless they've totally changed the original episodes.

Anyway, yes I am still playing these original episodes.  Maybe it's just showing how low my life is, but I've been enjoying seeing the girls.  It is odd that I'm watching them far more than I did when I was actually of age for the show in question.  I have complete sets of Newhart, Night Court and the good years from the Simpsons, but this is what I pick?

House Democrats Won’t Schedule Vote on Bill to Sanction Chinese Slave Labor
December 5, 2021

INSANE: Biden Waives Sanctions Against Terrorist Nation Iran
December 6, 2021

Mayor de Blasio Announces Forced Vaccines for All Private Companies and Forced Vaccines for All Children Ages 5-11 if They Want to Eat Out
December 6, 2021

Massachusetts Hospital Fires 200 Employees For Not Getting Covid Vaccine
December 6, 2021

Italy Restricts Public Life For Unvaxxed with New Covid “Super Green Pass”
December 6, 2021

Jen Psaki Gets IRATE When Asked about Hunter Biden Laptop and Biden Family Corruption – Backroom Deals with Chinese
December 6, 2021

□ [“Revealed: Feds Are Investigating Trump’s Media Company While They Ignore Hunter Biden’s Laptop and Shady Deals with China, Russia, Ukraine"]

Could this be a set-up, doing what Biden and co. do and when discovered, pointing out that it's totally legal or at least ignored by the people doing the investigating?  I know, that's not remotely likely but we have so little hope these days, we'll take what we can get.  Just like Democrats?

□ [“Ethics Experts Alarmed By 93% Decrease In Clinton Foundation Donations Since $250 Million Peak In 2009"]

Giving money to the people who plan to be in charge of you drops when they're not ever going to be in charge of you?  Who could have seen that coming?  The years of highest donations were building up to 2009 and building up to 2016, what was going on in those years that would make people think the Clintons planned to be in charge?

□ [“VIDEO: Antifa Marxists Attack and Interrupt Massive Nationalist Rally in France – Are Beaten and Chased from Building by Crowd Chanting, 'Everyone Hates Antifa!'"]

Ok, they should have no chance of winning if they're just going to go up against everybody else.  That's what worries me, that they actually have a back-up plan.  Whatever conspiracy is behind them has got to have been doing this too long to not realize that things don't always work the way they expect.

No comments: