07 December, 2021

I took the good today, oh boy...

HILARIOUS: A ‘Let’s Go Brandon’ Store Has Opened In Blue Massachusetts
December 6, 2021

Report Shows Nearly 300 Athletes Worldwide Collapsed or Suffered Cardiac Arrests after Taking COVID Vaccine This Year – 56 Died
December 6, 2021

Obama pollster to Dems: "Latinx" is still not a thing despite your wokest efforts
December 6, 2021

Remember how Biden abandoned Afghanistan to the Taliban? The country is now on the brink of mass starvation. A million children might starve to death this winter.
December 6, 2021

Biden Still Can’t Figure Out Cargo Ship Crisis in LA – Record Number of Ships Waiting to be Unloaded Offshore
December 6, 2021

I've never understood how "time" can be considered a "dimension" equivalent to the first three dimensions.  The only reason I'm writing this is because I just wondered if that's also a central aspect of the "broken," believing that time is equivalent to space.

Space is a measurable distance between two points.  Time is not a distance.  Space can be modified.  My fingertips are close to the keyboard right now but will be further away.  Or not, they may stay on the keyboard forever.  Time will be passing and in only one direction no matter what happens to my fingers, the keyboard or anything else.

This is not something I ever think about and don't know why I'm thinking about it now.  It's above my paygrade.  But now you know.

Violent Somali Youths Force Their Way Into Apartment In Minneapolis, Viciously Beat Somali Teen and Her Mother
December 7, 2021

At Least 3 Children Die and 120 Hospitalized in Vietnam After Receiving Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine – 4 Adults Die from Vero Cell Covid Vaccine
December 7, 2021

□ [“Trump-Appointed Judge Blocks Biden’s Vaccine Mandate For Federal Contractors Nationwide"]

We see them fighting it out here and there but there's no progress to be seen.  Democrats will just ignore any laws they don't like and impose their will on everyone else.  They're working on how to make checking accounts illegal so the government can seize everything we have in the banks.  It's going to fail but it's also going to be a disaster for everyone.

How did we get to this?

□ [“George Pérez Reveals Terminal Cancer Diagnosis"]

And this is sad news.  He drew tons of comics art over the decades, probably best known for Teen Titans and Crisis on Infinite Earths, but my favorite is the JLA/Avengers crossover, the ultimate Marvel/DC book, and the last one to-date.  That book has some of my last genuine affection for these characters and he spent most of his decades making it happen.

And now Marvel and DC are both pushing 'multiverse' in their media empires.

After calling parents domestic terrorists, National School Board Association discovers: Get woke, go broke -- literally
December 7, 2021

Still thinking about the Facts of Life episode coming up soon.  Last night the cast of this and Diff'rent Strokes were on a late night talk show and I spent more time than needed trying to find access to it.  I finally gave up.  Today the clip already exists on Youtube and I did watch it, it was worthless.

That talk show was incredibly stupid.  I suppose it works as an ad for tonight's show but it added nothing.  There were too many people to have any of them say much and what little they did say was meaningless.  Why not just have them run through a scene or two from other episodes, just for something entertaining, something that might have people go 'I'd like to watch that.'

Still trying to find out if I can watch the show tonight somewhere (doesn't look likely) but in the process, I found another trailer for the next Spider-Man movie that I'm also tempted to see.  Yes, there's one brief appearance by J. Jonah Jameson and it's still not clear who the Green Goblin is.  Thinking about it, didn't the actor playing Harry Osbourne get busted for child-rape or something?  Maybe they'll bring him back.  It also looks a long way from what Spider-Man has always been about.  He shouldn't do magic and multiple universes, that should be a law.

Anyway, I'm going to go see if I can find that tv show to watch and when I fail, I'll get back to the book.

No comments: