08 December, 2021

Welcome to the jumble, we're a f*ing mess!

Haven't found a way to watch the episode yet but Instagram shows a picture of the set which makes it clear it's the episode "Kids Can Be Cruel."  Would not have been my choice.

□ [“No Jab, No Food: Canadian Province Imposes New Regulations to Ban Unvaccinated from Grocery Stores"]

Dying of starvation is preferable to not dying from a virus because...?

They really have no idea what happens when people go without food, do they?  It's against the the very nature of freedom and decency to starve people for disobedience.

□ [“Report: Vatican Source Claims Red Francis Is Dying and Will Not Survive Beyond 2022"]

Call me skeptical - if nothing else, I expect him to be dead for a long time before his subordinates even let the rest of the world know - but if there's any position on Earth more stressful to the occupant than POTUS, it's would probably be the Pope.

Transgender UPenn Swimmer Who Competed Two Seasons as a Man, Shatters Women’s Records – Winning by 38 Seconds
December 7, 2021

Dunno where to find the full episodes but the theme songs are on Youtube now.  It's nice to see Lisa Whelchel give it a try and even wearing a school uniform.  Total credit for carrying on the spirit of Eastland but she's not enough of a singer to pull off this song.  Boys 2 Men did the Diff'rent Strokes theme and they were great.  I'm glad that Kim Fields and Mindy Cohn came in at the end but even if they weren't in costume they could have been in character, carrying books or coming down the stairs or something.  Mindy was the only one who had an official entrance and Lisa looked surprised when Kim came in at the last second.

And of course Nancy McKeon wasn't there.

Todd Bridges was the one who introduced the band, nice to see him there too.  He's the only main member of that cast still alive.

Youtube does have another scene, the girls are barely involved and there are pointless changes, an example of why I wasn't interested in seeing the remake for itself.  Gotta admit, I'm not all that interested in finding the full episode now.  I'll try and if I see the scenes with the girls, ok, but I'm not expecting much and won't mind if I can't find it.

Minnesota Family Is Threatened by Wicked Leftist Neighbor for Putting Up Christmas Lights
December 8, 2021

China’s Property Sector Shows Signs of Falling Apart Which Would Impact the China Economy Significantly
December 8, 2021

I found one thing surprising about Whelchel's performance...  I do know that actors are not their characters.  I probably read that on the internet somewhere.  Anyway, I am aware that the people paid to follow a script are not actually the fictional characters they pretend to be for that period of time.  Maybe it's just because I haven't watched as much tv or movies as most people, but I do know that actors are usually different from their characters.

For me, The Facts of Life has always been different.  The girls are usually quite different from the actresses but have always been the priority for me.  I've seen enough of them doing interviews on Youtube or something like that, they're clearly being themselves and yet I cannot prevent myself from seeing Blair, Jo, Natalie and Tootie first.

Yet somehow, for some bewildering reason that escapes all logic, at no point did I think of Blair while Lisa was performing the theme song.  She's in costume and on stage at a very accurate recreation from what she's famous for, singing the theme song and looks absolutely smashing...  But it's Lisa, not Blair.

Huunnnhhhh???   Of all the times to get it right, *this* is what I picked?  It's not like there's any comparison, even as I write this I've only found one very short clip including Jennifer Aniston and he is definitely *not* Blair.  As I write this, what little I have found of last night's remake has been pretty bad and Aniston is no exception.  And yet somehow in this scene, Lisa is clearly not Blair either?  How does that even work?

AOC Says Taxpayers Should Have to Pay Her $17K Student Loan—Even Though She Makes $174K a Year
December 8, 2021

BIDEN EFFECT: 12 Major US Cities Hit All-Time Homicide Records in 2021
December 8, 2021

Biden Struggles to Read Teleprompter, Forgets Name of Kansas City Mayor, Tells Made Up Story About Amtrak Conductor While Promoting Infrastructure Law
December 8, 2021

Stores in Germany now have signs saying "Unvaccinated Not Welcome" and I really think people need to brush up on their history a bit
December 8, 2021

Finland's 36-Year-Old Prime Minister Misses a Text Telling Her to Quarantine Because She Was Out Clubbing Until 4am and Left Her Phone At Home
December 8, 2021

Russia Sends Warning to US Embassy in Moscow of “Dangerous Consequences” For “Provocations Near Russia’s Borders” One Day After Biden-Putin Call
December 8, 2021

□ [“Joe Biden Says He’s Trying to 'Work Out Any Accommodation' For Vladimir Putin to Not Invade Ukraine"]

Just say Russia already owns Ukraine and we'll have peace in our time.

There's actually more headlines to get to but I think I've done enough for the time being.  I'll make one more attempt to see if I can actually watch that stupid remake and then I'll get back to the book.

No comments: