30 January, 2021

Nah, see, nosy nazis know "no si"

I was also thinking about the Night of the Long Knives in addition to the Reichstag Fire.  Obviously there needed to be a purge as soon as possible.  There would be leftists who didn't obey and others would seek their own way to power which would turn against those who ruled.  Something would need to be done about them as soon as possible.

If I recall, Mao had to do something similar although I may be misremembering, I know he managed to get the younger generation to start purging people after he'd been ruling for a couple decades.  Russia had nothing in the way of trustworthy media so we know nothing about it happening there until Stalin took over.  And there have been reports of Antifa leaders being arrested although too skeptical for me to have reported on them.  Hitler actually stands out because he actually won an election, he had to convince people to vote for him.  The others, not so much.

Nothing comes to mind on a current version of the Beer Hall Putsch but I'll see where that thinking goes.

No comments: