24 August, 2026

Despite what I said yesterday, I never contradict myself.

Supreme Court 6-3 Upholds Trump’s Executive Order Restricting Mail-in Voting
August 24, 2026

□ [“Norway Will Drill for Oil and Gas in the Barents Sea Despite European Union’s Objections"]

The EU forbids drilling in the Arctic, Norway is going to ignore that.  My guess is that they see how much longer their current supplies will last and need to start working on this before it runs out and Russia is the only one they can turn to.  I'm also guessing the EU won't throw much of a fit about this, at least not for a while.

But this is another crack in the regime, their laws are just going to be ignored when convenient.  It's understandable, they need energy and the invasion is much more important to deal with right now.  Morocco has declared its ownership of Ceuta, not Spain.  That's why they sent their military age males to attack.  Switzerland has admitted that most of the Africans applying for asylum are committing crimes even now.  Other nations are dealing with similar problems, "global warming" isn't an issue.

□ [“AfD Surges in German Polls, Vows to Close Borders, Lose the Euro, Return All Syrians"]

I'm skeptical of a female German in charge but otherwise, this is probably the biggest example of Europe finally going the right way.  They need to restore their nations and get rid of the invaders.  At some point I think the EU will realize they have no chance of surviving unless they side with actual Europeans.  Some might even try to turn against the EU, either to save themselves or to give the elites some cover.  This is not a problem that's going to be solved in our lifetime.  At best, we'll see that it's headed towards a solution.  But this doesn't look good.

Owner of San Francisco 49ers Arrested in Ohio Trailer Park in Prostitution Bust
August 24, 2026

□ [“Another Michigan Clerk Asks For Feds To Step In And Remove Non-Citizens From Voter Rolls"]

This also happened in Michigan a week ago.  Government clerks making videos pointing out how immigrants get registered to vote.  It's a more-or-less automatic process, they aren't able to stop it at their level and their superiors refuse to do anything, or even admit there's a problem.  So they're calling it out in public videos.

I assume that most government employees support the voter fraud because why wouldn't they?  So these people had to go public because there was no other way to expose it.  This gives the federal government another reason to look into the state - not only in Michigan - to see stunts like this.  It's yet-another step the Trump administration is taking to fight voter fraud and if there's a chance to beat the left in November, I think this is where it will come from.  They're getting rid of illegals, cut funding for NGOs, undoubtedly have worked to stop other options.  The Democrats will still try to steal elections but they'll have to work out new ways and they aren't used to this.

The clerks are also making a point that they tried to do something about this and the whole system wouldn't let them.  I'm really not someone who uses phrases like "the whole system" but there you go, it's clear that politicians have found ways to keep themselves in power as long as they want.  Really, I'm surprised that there any clerks who spoke out against this.

Trump Confirms ICE Enforcement Proceedings Underway Against Ilhan Omar Over Immigration Fraud
August 24, 2026

□ [“Treasury Secretary Bessent Unveils Economic Sanctions Against Iran"]

I seem to go back and forth from positive to negative on my reactions to these reports.  I've chosen positive today, at least until the medication kicks in and my ex-girlfriend begs me to forgive her and take her back.  Wait, did I write that?  Better not jinx it.  Anyway...

Bessent says “Treasury has mapped every node, every facilitator, and every network that Iran has used to smuggle oil and evade sanctions.”  So my reaction is that this is what we spent the last six months doing, indentifying how Iran has connected itself around the world to pursue its goals.  We've destroyed their military so they can't do anything about it by force.  We've destroyed their economy already, one US dollar is now worth about 2 million rials.

So Iran itself is basically helpless, all it can rely on is allies and they're the ones who will be hit by these new sanctions.  They'll be exposed as laundering money for "drug/human/sex/arms/dark web networks" that have been built over the decades.  That's probably half the liberal *woke* agenda right there.  And then there's China, they haven't been able to get oil from Iran for a while now.  Russia produces a lot but they've already got their customers and can't really handle China right away.

I've seen "two weeks" mentioned in a number of articles on this.  Most people are thinking of the 25th anniversary of 9/11 which, you know, deserves to be thought about.  And it deserves to be hitting the enemy where they live they way they hit us.  But that wasn't even what I was thinking about when I started this paragraph, I had noted that this will have been roughly 90 days since Trump said gas prices would be lower in 90 days.  I still don't think it has anything to do with the war, it's about the drilling deals Trump made in early 2025 but just look at the timing and the planning it would take to make this happen.

So now we're going to see how the enemy reacts in the next "two weeks."  [and now I'm going to have that scene from "Total Recall" in my head.]  Democrats have been mostly silent about Iran for a while, now we'll see how their servants react.  This may explain why DSA has suddenly exploded and taken over, Congress knew this would happen.  I'm also wondering if this explains why we've suddenly been told Bill Clinton is getting close to death, that way he can't be blamed for anything.  I'm probably being over-optimistic but this could be a big show ready to start.

Antifa Mob Storms Los Angeles Catholic Church, Chases Conservative Activist While Screaming “Nazi!”
August 24, 2026

□ [“WNBA Says Former NBA Stars Enes Kanter Freedom and Royce White Are Ineligible"]

I probably guessed this would happen but I really thought they would delay it for a while.  I guess they hoped to end the fuss as quickly as possible.  I don't think that's going to happen.  At best, the WNBA will lose all the publicity it's gotten for the past few weeks and it's not a profitable business.  It's a charity for the NBA, good luck without that.

One of the aspiring players has already commented on this bigotry and discrimination.  The player might well be looking into legal options to fight the transphobes.  The public statement was generally entertaining in its babbling but if you take it seriously, it's indistinguishable from any other male who's decided to be female, so what's the problem?  This isn't a problem the league will solve just be deciding it can determine who someone's gender is.

I do think it'll go silent at this point.  Hopefully these two will sue so that means they'll have to go quiet.  This season's draft is probably close enough that nobody else will be able to step up and give it a shot so the league has a little leeway.  But they want this to end, hopefully as the winner but if it keeps going, they're going to lose.  So we'll see if this comes back next year but unless something surprising happens, I assume it's over for the time being.

Ontario Premier Threatens to Cut Electricity to U.S. — Trump Warns Consequences for Canada Will Be ‘Far Worse’
August 24, 2026

No comments: