skip to main
|
skip to sidebar
ChrisW
27 August, 2026
Do not try to eat this post. It's not healthy.
August 26, 2026 Peter Cullen, voice actor, Optimus Prime, age 85
Fifteen NY Sheriffs Sue Kathy Hochul Over New Anti-ICE Law
August 27, 2026
□ [“Trump Signs Executive Order Renaming Lake Ontario to 'Lake America'”]
Ok, this is funny and for whatever reason I like it better than renaming the Gulf of Mexico. I don't think he's that serious with either renamings, I think it's more about proving a point. We do all the work and pay all the costs to maintain these waters but other countries get benefits, so let's just call it what it is. There may also be legal reasons for the name change, perhaps some treaties or contracts need to be redone if some part gets a name change.
This is part of the trade arguments going on since the Great Lakes are customarily considered how goods get moved between the countries. I also wonder if it's part of Trump's push for nationalism, reminding Canada that they need to justify their own existence. If you're on stolen land anyway (or lake) then we'll just take it. What's the difference?
□ [“Alberta Premier Danielle Smith Speaks Out – PM Carney’s US Threat is Suicide for Canadian Economy"]
There have been some hints that at least a few Canadians understand this. Without US companies, Canada wouldn't exist, so maybe they should cut us a little slack. They've always been about pushing the *woke* agenda before it ever had that name but at some point it runs out of gas. Or at least Canada does, that's the economic disaster Smith is referring to here. They mine the oil, we refine it so if they make it more expensive, we just use our own, or Venezuela or someone else's. They'd lose jobs, money and gasoline. It's not like Europe would jump in to help them. That only leaves China.
So as I said, I don't think Trump is that determined to rename the waters, it's more of a tactic to prove his point. I haven't bothered to check in on how leftists are whining about this but I doubt none of them are asking why he isn't picking "Lake Trump." And if he's so delusional, why doesn't he change the bodies just because he can? Lake Ontario is now the "Gulf of Trump" and the Gulf of
Mexico
America is now "Lake Trump." That sounds like something he do, right? So why isn't he doing it?
France Bans Use of ‘Black Friday,’ English Expressions From Government Communications and Online Ads
August 27, 2026
□ [“Russia Hammers Multiple Ukrainian Cities in One Night — US Envoy Kellogg Backs Drafting Women"]
Another "final" resistance is ready to be defeated in this last part of the region Russia was ready to take ages ago. And of course they're hitting cities all over. It's been a while since we've heard anything about Europe wanting to join in. It's like they've realized that they'd need an actual military if they want any chance of winning and without the US, they have nothing to work with. Four and a half years of supporting this war and they haven't even considered that yet.
I'm actually surprised anybody suggested drafting women. There's the obvious point that they can't be treated equally to men but it's also relevant that what men does Ukraine have left? Doesn't look like Russia is remotely interested in drafting women. Maybe this would be a good time to show how great women are in difficult situations like this.
This has already been suggested by a former Defense Minister but also already rejected by parliamentary National Security Committee who have already stated that this “is not being carried out, prepared, or considered.” For women, military service will remain voluntary. Suddenly leftists are totally against women bringing peace. As always, the beliefs they want to impose on the rest of us get ignored whenever it's convenient.
Gavin Newsom Claims He Didn’t Know About the 5,000 Bottle Wine Cellar in His Own Home
August 27, 2026
□ [“Police Raid Apartment of Ilhan Omar’s Son, Seize Firearms and Ammunition"]
I'd like to think they've got all the evidence for all the connections and are moving in. That's probably too optimistic but it's a nice idea. He's had quite a few arrests over the years and he's only 22 years old. Leftist defenders say *most* of those arrests were misdemeanors. Oh really? His roommate was also arrested.
Like I say, it's probably just too hopeful to think he'll need to turn on his mother to save himself, or that she'll do something obviously tyrannical to save him. But Omar is the most obvious target of the "Squad" and they're all tied to DSA and foreign enemies so it is possible this could go somewhere. I'd like to think every day or two for the next month, we'll keep seeing another big step forward that finally reveals what our elites have been up to for so long.
Otherwise, as much as I'd like to believe otherwise, I'm coming to the conclusion that at best, we'll get to see who the enemy is by the time Trump leaves office. Maybe if Republicans can overcome the voter fraud this November, maybe if actual MAGA gets elected, something can be done, but I'm not optimistic at this point. It's more like Trump is just doing the ground work and younger men will have to handle the next step when he's gone. But it would be nice to be proven wrong about that.
OK Senate Candidate Storms Into Bedroom, Shrieks, Cuts Up Pic of GOP Senator, Pastes Into ‘Burn Book’
August 27, 2026
□ [“For Midterms, Democrats Will Make an Extreme Effort to Sound Like Normal People"]
It's not an easy problem to fix. It's probably not that hard for Democrats to talk like normal people although on an individual level, that doesn't mean they'll be convincing. Even if they are convincing, there's still no reason to believe them. That means every big name Democrat is out of luck. It's even worse if they have to do more than talk, they have to *act* normal. No one tried to eat the hamburger Chuck Schumer had barbequed.
This is several different things coalescing in one spot. As politicians, they're used to their own buzzwords. It's similar to military-speak, I've probably forgotten most of what I used to know but there was a lot of it which wouldn't remotely be comprehensible to anyone outside the bubble. Then there's leftists going for their own "educated" words, or just following the latest trend. All of this already existed but was multiplied a thousand-fold when we got internet access because we could focus all our thoughts on those 'like us,' meaning they all talked the same way.
Then there's still the problem of getting people to believe it. The brand-new candidates have a chance, they have no record to look back at. But there's still leftist voters who will be offended by not hearing what they want to hear. I can't think of any Democrat since Bill Clinton who was really able to sell that to the public. Top-of-my-head guess, Obama was a distant second and only in the primaries and the campaign. And they surrounded themselves with leftists who built this problem Democrats are now facing.
Just the fact that they're becoming open about this problem shows how big it is and how hard it'll be to solve. They've spent decades pandering to the left, everything they do is based on that. They'd have to tear down the whole system and start rebuilding, which is what the left is demanding anyway. And this isn't even considering what the donors want. 'I want to seize your money so give me money!' isn't a good argument, and that's before getting into the candidates running for Senate who want to remove the Senate. Then there's the desperate need for voter fraud, the problems just keep building on each other.
DHS Secretary Mullin Orders Mandatory Random Paper Ballot Audits for 2026 Midterms — Chinese-Made Voting Machines Pose “Significant Security Risks”
August 27, 2026
133-Year-Old Church in Grand Rapids Burns Down
August 27, 2026
No comments:
Post a Comment
Older Post
Home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Post
Fish books, fish books, roly-poly fish books / fish books, fish books, read them up, yuck
Blog Archive
▼
2026
(245)
▼
August
(27)
Do not try to eat this post. It's not healthy.
This post will not stop a house fire. Please call...
I can't apologize for this post until I've finishe...
Despite what I said yesterday, I never contradict ...
If I didn't have this blog, I'd probably be back o...
I don't understand why you think it doesn't make s...
Oh all right, let's get this over with...
I dream of a world where the memes will post us an...
When life gives you lemons that need some help, us...
I don't know, just include something that uses the...
I self-identified as a woman but then I suddenly d...
Oh my stars! Not your stars, they're all mine! H...
When I was young, I dreamed of posting on a blog. ...
How long will it take the WNBA to figure out what ...
Every book of a thousand pages starts with one int...
Why did Marty McFly cross the road?
This post self-identifies as a meme.
Everyone who's read this goes on to live a long an...
My arch enemy has left me a cat. Is there anythin...
There are posts that were made for today. Then th...
When you're scrolling through this blog, trying to...
Have I mentioned lately how much I hate computers?...
If you live in the moment, you die in the moment, ...
If you thought we could have nice things, you have...
If I'd known how bad writing books was going to ge...
Of all the posts on this website, this is not one ...
I know what you're thinking, 'Did he post six meme...
►
July
(33)
►
June
(30)
►
May
(31)
►
April
(34)
►
March
(31)
►
February
(28)
►
January
(31)
►
2025
(363)
►
December
(31)
►
November
(29)
►
October
(30)
►
September
(30)
►
August
(31)
►
July
(31)
►
June
(29)
►
May
(31)
►
April
(30)
►
March
(31)
►
February
(28)
►
January
(32)
►
2024
(371)
►
December
(30)
►
November
(30)
►
October
(32)
►
September
(31)
►
August
(31)
►
July
(31)
►
June
(30)
►
May
(31)
►
April
(31)
►
March
(30)
►
February
(31)
►
January
(33)
►
2023
(370)
►
December
(31)
►
November
(30)
►
October
(31)
►
September
(31)
►
August
(31)
►
July
(32)
►
June
(30)
►
May
(32)
►
April
(31)
►
March
(32)
►
February
(28)
►
January
(31)
►
2022
(420)
►
December
(34)
►
November
(35)
►
October
(36)
►
September
(35)
►
August
(41)
►
July
(38)
►
June
(34)
►
May
(36)
►
April
(32)
►
March
(38)
►
February
(30)
►
January
(31)
►
2021
(408)
►
December
(35)
►
November
(31)
►
October
(33)
►
September
(31)
►
August
(35)
►
July
(31)
►
June
(33)
►
May
(38)
►
April
(34)
►
March
(36)
►
February
(29)
►
January
(42)
►
2020
(172)
►
December
(41)
►
November
(69)
►
October
(41)
►
September
(21)
►
2016
(1)
►
July
(1)
►
2012
(10)
►
September
(1)
►
July
(3)
►
April
(1)
►
March
(1)
►
February
(1)
►
January
(3)
►
2011
(40)
►
November
(4)
►
October
(3)
►
September
(4)
►
August
(3)
►
July
(3)
►
June
(4)
►
May
(6)
►
April
(3)
►
March
(3)
►
February
(4)
►
January
(3)
►
2010
(4)
►
December
(4)
No comments:
Post a Comment