22 August, 2026

I don't understand why you think it doesn't make sense, what do you mean?

Florida Illegal Alien Films Herself Setting Fire to Daughter, Then to Her Kitchen
August 22, 2026

□ [A.I. “Christopher Reeve’s Superman Meets Supergirl | The Meeting We Never Got"]

A.I. is slowly getting better at videos.  There's nothing flashy or interesting about the visuals but there's also nothing that stuck-out to me as a distraction.  The angles didn't suddenly change, the characters looked the same throughout.  The characters look right although their faces can seem a bit artificial at times.  The pacing is still too slow to be believable but it's slowly getting better, as is the characterization.  Clark offers to take Supergirl back to the Fortress, he adds "I should probably change" and she has a short startled laugh.  Just a brief second but it came across like people having a real conversation.

They're still very stiff so the rest of the chit-chat is slow and boring.  They mostly discuss events from the Supergirl movie and I'm very surprised to have recognized that.  I really don't remember the Helen Slater movie so I don't know how good this was but there is an immediate delight to seeing Christopher Reeve back in the costume.  There's little in the way of story or acting but despite that, it looks nice and probably gets some credits just because someone was able to make this.

I would like to know how much the real creator was involved in the design, the staging, the pacing, and how much was just telling the A.I. 'do this.'  It's not clear when these will be easier to make and how long it'll take to make them good but that will be the result sooner or later.  I can certainly see the appeal to doing these.  Soon people will be doing whatever they want with corporate IPs and there's no way to know how that's going to work out.  I'm definitely curious and I will probably wind up watching some that actually respect characters I used to care about.

Biden Judge Strikes Down Trump’s America First Immigrant Visa Freeze for 75 High-Risk Countries
August 22, 2026

□ [“Florida Democrat Angie Nixon Now Desperately Trying to Distance Herself From the DSA"]

They needed to promote how leftist they were to the leftists who run the party to win the leftist primary votes, now they need to pretend they're not leftists to win actual votes.  By all rights there's no way that should work.  It's just one of those things where if they were smart enough to do that, they wouldn't be leftists.

But there is still massive reason to worry about voter fraud.  There's also the fact that they've been loading schools with leftist propaganda for generations and it's obviously worked out pretty well for them.  We've cut government funding and all the illegal immigrant votes.  I'm sure the Trump administration knows all the other scams that will be tried and will do what they can to prevent it but there's know way to know how effective that will be.

It would be nice to believe that sensible people will vote the right way.  The 2024 election went a long way towards letting us know that we really are the majority and there's no reason to think that's changed.  But that's one of the left's real abilities, making the individual see themselves as completely alone and outnumbered.  Social media and the internet doesn't help either.

Hopefully the left will be seriously defeated at the ballot box this November.  Even those who win will have a small majority and realize they're surrounded by a lot of people they hate.  We really can't stay together like this and the only way to change that is either if the left realizes what a bad situation they put themselves in or if we just wipe them out permanently.

Pastor at Dearborn City Council “You Are 1% of This Nation…This City Is No Longer Under American Law…Enough is Enough!”
August 22, 2026

□ [“Starbucks Headquarters in Seattle Lays Off Hundreds as They Prepare to Send Jobs to Nashville"]

Strange how these people never give Trump any credit for promoting their socialism.  They couldn't be doing this without him.  And because he's such a tyrant, he's not even bothering to stop them.  All these rich leftists are thrilled to see big companies leave so they won't have to pay taxes or hire people.  They never realize this is why East Berlin had to build a wall, it wasn't to stop people from coming in.

I'm fine with these companies leaving, my worry is that the people in charge will bring their leftist values to red states.  We can see that with Hollywood as the big studios are getting ready to leave California.  These people are fine with hypocrisy and they certainly expect to keep their wealth so what is there to stop them?

There's also the worry about what A.I. is going to do to basic jobs.  That's going to hit the working class harder than most if robots are able to replace our jobs.  The economic system is going to be taking a huge hit no matter what and it's not clear what the results will be.  Another skill the left has is that their elites are good at surviving everything so unless they get purged by their own leaders, they'll still be pushing leftism no matter what.

Somali Pirates Seize Another Cargo Ship off the Coast of Yemen, Sixth Vessel Hijacking Since April
August 22, 2026

□ [“Trump’s Economic D-Day Threat on Iran Could Work if Coupled With Embargoes on Other Axis Nations"]

I'm sure there are plans for this but there's no way to know how well they're working.  We've heard almost nothing about Venezuela since the beginning of the year.  We're told China is having economic problems but there's no way to know that for sure.  Ditto Russia.  Iran is definitely having economic problems but it's the country where the rulers would be most likely to survive despite that.

Then there's Cuba which has hassled us longer than any of the others and has been a useful weapons for them to hit us with.  Reportedly their leaders have been surrendering economically so long as they get to stay in power.  As always, we don't know the real facts on the ground, this is just what I've heard.  I realized a day or so ago that Trump is effectively fighting BRICS himself and if he's not winning, he's at least doing a lot of damage to them.  South Africa is basically falling apart on its own and India seems to go with whoever they think will give them the best offer.

There is definitely a plan going on here.  If nothing else, just look at how Democrats in Congress have stayed almost totally silent about the war with Iran.  Their followers are ranting about how awful it is but those who get classified briefings know that there's more going on here.  That must be why they're pushing DSA but no clue who they really think that'll work for.

Radical ‘Maoist’ Faction of the DSA Says AOC is Too ‘Moderate’ to Run for President in 2028
August 22, 2026

No comments: