27 October, 2020

It's closer to the first day of Autumn than the last...

Keith Raniere, leader of sex cult Nxivm, sentenced to 120 years in prison
October 27, 2020

Now there's a name we haven't heard in a while.  Boy, this 2020 has been tough for everyone to get through, how did he get out of the public eye?  I don't think I'd have even recognized the name if they hadn't added NXIVM, although that may be my own reading/memory problems there.

Meanwhile, Another Teacher Gets Caught Lecturing an 8th Grader About How 'Racist' Trump Is

In Seattle.  These may be the most obvious examples of what the left is now, they're in charge, they can say whatever they want regardless of whatever their actual job is.  They must be obeyed.

I think this was the first time the teacher was someone who self-identified as male, that's a new one.

I also suspect I'm not the only person who's thinking Trump will definitely win.  What little media I pay attention to (internet sites and that's with my reading problems) seems to be more confident about it.  Just the fact that Trump is out doing stuff, multiple events in different states every day, shows why that's happening.  He's willing to work as hard as possible and that's rare, given his age and wealth.  He still has to deal with his cabinet and bureaucracy - I've always wondered how the POTUS does that during election year while Biden is basically not doing anything.  I read somewhere today that he said he actually did put in long days and they were in meetings on the internet.  Really?  And this is the first we've heard of them.  His wife actually goes out to different places to campaign, his VEEP candidate does the same.

Even if Trump wins, I don't expect 2021 to be a better year for anybody.  But 2020 isn't over yet.  I live in a state that gets almost no snow at all through the whole winter and this morning had the biggest snowfall in the four years I've lived here.  It wasn't a huge snowfall by my standards but I'm from Nebraska and can still remember the late-90s October snowstorm and other big ones when I was a kid.  The ten years I spent in Kentucky, the Army base would probably shut down for this because many people had to go out and drive in very big hills and this was roughly as bad as the snow got there.  Now I live in New Mexico and this isn't common.  And it's only October.

No comments: