29 October, 2020

It's just a day like any other. Someone shot me now!!!

Work continues on the "history project."  I've never worked on a task this big and it feels like I've barely started.  Just organizing the tons of info I have is what's taking so long.  My goal is to get through 1492 by Election Day.  Then I get to start organizing the last five centuries.  After that, I expect the work will be easier to deal with, although then I'll have to RE-organize.

I'm trying to put together a history of the world.  I'm not sure if I'm doing this for its own sake or because I just want stuff to work with when I have an idea about an essay.  Maybe both, maybe neither.  Good thing I've finished three books this year so I have time to spend on this.  I don't intend to start another book until we find out how this year's going to end.  I'm not sure what I would use even if I desperately wanted to do a new book by December 31.  I'm amazed at how much I've written on pop culture stuff in the last couple months but that still isn't enough for one side.  Eddie Van Halen only died three weeks ago and I had to add writing on him to the last book which already included several pages of material that hadn't been written when I ordered the proof copy.

Obviously I knew I'd run out of material to put in a book at some point until I wrote more.  As I said, I've got several hundred pages of stuff now and I know there's access to more stuff if I'm willing to type and edit all of it, but either consciously or subconsciously, my books are designed as stand-alone products.  I've always been able to go through what I'd written and know what needs to be included in the next one and what doesn't.  I was even able to put together Out of Context in 2018 just from stuff that had been written for ages but hadn't seemed to fit in any of the previous books.

So I'm taking a bit of time off to work on a long-term project and just to fill up more stuff that's written which I can go through for future books.  I don't know why I'm writing this now, it's not like I have any interest in publishing stuff written about the writing and publishing of my books any time in the future.  I dunno, maybe I'm just writing this now because I'm on a blog.  I wouldn't have done it on Facebook.

Anyway, headlines and comments from the day's events:

□ [“Joe Biden Heading to MINNESOTA on Friday to Shore Up Votes in Blue State the GOP has Not Won Since 1972 – Until Trump!"]

I'm too lazy to check, but I guess Minnesota was the state Reagan didn't take in 1984.  I think that's a good sign but there's also a chance that he expects to win everything so why not just stay with long supporters.  I certainly have no clue who's running his campaign or what they're expecting.  I really would like to see next week that Trump has won in such big numbers that only the most devout leftists - which is most of them - will understand it.

□ ["Watch: Liberals Complain Trump Made Their Tax Returns Smaller, Then Reality Shows Up"]

This is an example of the point.  Obviously if the government takes less money from you, they'll give less back in tax returns.  That's how it works.

[Still not used to how the font size and hitting return twice look on a blog]

I think that's one of the reasons I started moving to the left and I actually was getting a bigger tax refund.  In my first years of supporting myself, those refunds were almost enough to pay a month of rent for my apartment.  Then came the GWB tax cuts and suddenly I could pay for two months rent and still have enough left over to buy a pizza or something.  That made a big difference to me, yet I have never to this day heard a Democrat show any appreciation for the tax cuts.  No, they wanted them totally gone because they only look at people with more money than them.  I bet I wasn't the only one who saw a benefit to getting more of one's own money.  If my paycheck had been bigger from lower taxes in the first place, that would have also been helpful.


And of course Democrats didn't admit to what they were doing when, under Obama, they passed a bill that made 95+% of the tax cuts permanent.  That would be too much like wanting to help people with less money than them and that's not who their focus is on.


□ [“Brown University students in Rhode Island want Roman statues removed because they promote ‘white supremacy’"]

And now they're trying to remove all history and take us to Year 0.  A sensible person knows that human beings are too complicated for this stuff but that's not what they want.


□ [“Girl Scouts deletes social media congratulations to Amy Coney Barrett on Supreme Court seat after angry backlash"]

They're even trying to take down little girls for the crime of being happy about something-something successful woman.  There's no hesitation, there's no regret, just attack anyone who doesn't obey.  I've been wondering for a few years is legions of girls are going to be turning against them soon.  Probably not in my lifetime but I do think it'll happen.

□ [“Black Lives Matter Goons TORCH Vietnam Baptist Church After Philly Cops Shoot Violent Repeat Felon with a Knife — Because Racism or Something"]

October 29, 2020


Well, Vietnamese are white, aren't they?

Meanwhile, Trump gets endorsed by rapper Lil Wayne and golf legend Jack Nicklaus.  That's some range.

□ [“France: Attacker Shouting “Allahu Akbar” Beheads 70-Year-Old Woman in Church - Three Killed, Several Injured"]

October 29, 2020


No comments: