22 November, 2020

Don't think about this. It'll hurt your brain.

Time keeps passing.  Another weekend is gone.  The left sounds like they're planning to drop Thanksgiving and Christmas.  That'll go well.

MSNBC in 2019 Reports on How Easy It Is to Hack Dominion Software and ES-S Voting Machines (VIDEO)
November 22, 2020

It does sound like some demonstrations are getting started.  I've finally gotten through that "Rubicon" essay I linked to a few days ago and it does help set up much of the upcoming conflict.

I don't have much to say at the moment.  I've mostly been working on my next book or my "History Project."  I'm trying to re-read Claremont's initial X-Men storyline but between my reading problems and the dialogue/captions itself, that isn't easy or all that interesting.

□ [“The Comics Cube: Rick Veitch Interview: 1963"]

I found this interview last night and it was quite good.  The interviewer went to a large amount of detail of the creation and production of the series.  Rick Veitch looks old but I guess that's natural.  I was a fanboy for him and Steve Bissette at the 1993 Chicago Comicon and still remember that with happiness.

I think the biggest issue is 'just finish the damn series.'  Even if Moore never writes the second half of the "80-page annual," have Rick and Steve draw the script that was finished, call the new characters "Spewn" and "Yengbled" and that'll be good enough.

I've always wondered if 1963 was some sort of mystic program, given how it ended with the last issue and all the problems afterwards when the series failed.  Moore/Veitch/Bissette had done little or nothing with the Marvel characters or style so this was quite an anomaly from some of the most important creators of their era and right on the front-lines of what was happening in more places than comics at the time.

This is the sort of stuff I think about.

No comments: