skip to main
|
skip to sidebar
ChrisW
12 September, 2026
I am not Spock. I can't believe I have to post this yet-again.
Clinton-Federal Judge Rules Trump Broke the Law by Cutting FEMA’s Bloated Workforce in Half
September 12, 2026
□ [“Trump Responds to 'MAGA Socialism' Accusations of Buying the Election Wish $5,000 Dividends"]
Not a good explanation for comments I already have a low opinion of. He's basically saying that investments in the US and the drop in government spending will produce so much that the $40 trillion debt can be removed with enough left over to refund the rest of us. It's nice to hear but I am really not optimistic about that and even if I was, the debt is the big problem. Fix that first and then give us our money back.
Having said this, I think there's a couple other things going on. For over 90 days now, I've speculated that his comments about gas prices dropping had less to do with the Iran war and more to do with expanding oil drilling in the US. I've seen a couple small hints that gas prices are starting to go down but otherwise that hasn't happened yet. But now I wonder if something else is ready to happen with his ridiculous statement on dividends.
It's been over a year since the Big Beautiful Bill passed. Now were only a few weeks away from the next Fiscal year. The gas prices will definitely go down before long, just think of what they were six months ago before the Iran war started, so that's going to happen again. Put those three things together and it's possible we can get a massive reduction in the federal debt along with growing businesses, along with cheaper gas even if the mullahs are still running Iran.
The debt may be the main reason we've been negotiating so much with China, looking for ways to reduce it and stop depending on them, or their allies, while providing some sort of benefit for them. I still think Trump likes negotiating more than he cares about the specific results so he has decades of experience to work with. So I'm not taking him seriously on the dividends and I still see no good reason for him to have said this in the first place but there is more going on here than just the obvious.
Illegal Alien DoorDash Driver Stalks California Woman for Months, Kills Her, Then Kills Himself
September 12, 2026
□ [“UK Anti-Immigration Demonstrators Clash With Counter-Protesters and Police in Portsmouth"]
It's implied that they're able to stop the boats but I don't see any proof. For that matter, the government could just send the boats to other ports at taxpayer expense. Have men-with-guns at the ports to protect the boats and the invaders getting out, what can the protesters do about that? I'm glad this is going on but I want more solid evidence.
But this is encouraging. Not just Portsmouth but England and Britain and Europe and western civilization is starting to rise. This is one of those things where just because the government has all the guns, that won't help. I don't know if things will come to a complete strike by the population but it could reach a point where the only thing the government can do is start shooting people. Even leftist governments don't have many people willing to do that. Anyone they give the orders to could simply shoot them first.
I don't want to be too optimistic but it does look like the ball is rolling and gaining speed. As Americans, we're focused on the mid-terms and the new Fiscal Year but at the moment, even those seem like minor inconveniences. I'll probably have a completely different view tomorrow but right now it looks like any leftist victories will be washed away in a split-second and it's on each of them to sink or swim. But that said, it is Europe we should be worried about because their masters have had a lot longer to set up traps to maintain power.
Talarico Claims Jesus Would Let Illegal Aliens Invade America and Give Them Welfare
September 12, 2026
□ [“It's Dead, Jim!
Star Trek
's 60th Anniversary is a Funeral?!"]
I've never been a Trekkie so this is just another franchise that I'm only curious about as it ends. The anniversary was last week and nobody even noticed. Paramount's having problems trying to merge with Warner Bros. but this is arguably the biggest property they own and they can't do anything with it. I'm vaguely aware of a couple movies a decade or so ago and have no clue how many tv shows have come-and-gone recently.
I'm not sure how *woke* the original series was but Gene Roddenberry and its reputation were early pioneers of the leftist movement. That's been the priority of the franchise for ages and to the extent it was successful, it's largely been about trying to build an interconnected fictional universe with only the logo bringing them together. This is where these companies go wrong, what do you need the logo for? We see that with Marvel, DC,
Star Wars
, the corporations really believe the audience will tune in for the logo so they can promote whatever the current "message" is. This destroys the whole point of fiction, especially in the fantasy genres.
This motivation ruins the possibility of creating stories. Worse, the company interest is in promoting the intellectual properties, the characters, above the stories. To an extent that can work but you need to be really good at promoting the characters, which means not letting them push a political agenda. Meanwhile if the story doesn't interest the audience, the characters can't save it. We see that in other franchises, nobody's debating the best or worst adventures by James Bond. I doubt few people are having similar arguments about Dr. Who. Then there's the IPs that have basically vanished from the public eye, Tarzan, the Lone Ranger, Sherlock Holmes, Conan the Barbarian. It's easier to do a rip-off of these characters which might appeal to someone than to be tied to whoever owns the properties anymore.
It's also a valid question if much of anything could work in the internet age. We have access to virtually everything that's ever existed, we can check wikipedia for quick summaries. There are certainly people who will spend many hours staring at a television set but even there, many of them are at least playing video games so they have some interaction with the product. The movie experience is reduced, there's too many channels for everyone to follow the same tv shows, even the product itself because just background noise as we play on our cellphones. All of this impacts the story, the characters, the creativity to establish them and the companies which pay for it. So it basically comes down to
Star Trek
prophesizing a world where it can no longer exist.
15-Year-Old Girl Charged with First-Degree Murder After Fatally Pushing Amazon Worker from Moving Chicago Train
September 12, 2026
□ [“Nashville Airport Authority Votes Unanimously to Change Name to Honor Dolly Parton"]
I'm not in-favor of this. Obviously I don't get a vote, even though the Nashville Airport is probably the airport I've used most in my life. She just died, it should take awhile before you immediately rush to rename things after her. And an airport? No way! Politicians and military leaders, ok, I can see that, but not a musical celebrity.
Maybe if you're talking about a small town that really needs something to rename after her, ok, maybe the local airport although even there just seems weird. But Nashville? Pick a government building or something if you really need to do this. Or even the airport terminal, that would be nice, but don't rename the whole freaking airport after her.
I'm sure they'll go through with it, it's Nashville. The Grand Old Opry is right there so you've probably got tons of influence although why they can't rename it the "Gran Dolly Opry" is beyond me. It makes as much sense. It's one thing for her to be famous and loved but I'm just not a fan of things like this.
Los Angeles Police at the Home of Kamala Harris and Doug Emhoff; Trespasser Spotted on Property
September 12, 2026
No comments:
Post a Comment
Older Post
Home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Post
Fish books, fish books, roly-poly fish books / fish books, fish books, read them up, yuck
Blog Archive
▼
2026
(261)
▼
September
(12)
I am not Spock. I can't believe I have to post th...
I could have been a contender, but I chose not to.
Let me tell you why I have nothing to say about th...
... and that is how I wound up making this post. ...
If you can read this, you could have chosen not to...
In which I elaborate my extensive optimism and rea...
It all started when I met this cat...
This message sponsored by Rococo Coffee. If you d...
Don't read that post I made yesterday, I was young...
I could take the good, I could take the bad, I cou...
You have to read this post to understand this post...
What would you like me to post tonight? But tits ...
►
August
(31)
►
July
(33)
►
June
(30)
►
May
(31)
►
April
(34)
►
March
(31)
►
February
(28)
►
January
(31)
►
2025
(363)
►
December
(31)
►
November
(29)
►
October
(30)
►
September
(30)
►
August
(31)
►
July
(31)
►
June
(29)
►
May
(31)
►
April
(30)
►
March
(31)
►
February
(28)
►
January
(32)
►
2024
(371)
►
December
(30)
►
November
(30)
►
October
(32)
►
September
(31)
►
August
(31)
►
July
(31)
►
June
(30)
►
May
(31)
►
April
(31)
►
March
(30)
►
February
(31)
►
January
(33)
►
2023
(370)
►
December
(31)
►
November
(30)
►
October
(31)
►
September
(31)
►
August
(31)
►
July
(32)
►
June
(30)
►
May
(32)
►
April
(31)
►
March
(32)
►
February
(28)
►
January
(31)
►
2022
(420)
►
December
(34)
►
November
(35)
►
October
(36)
►
September
(35)
►
August
(41)
►
July
(38)
►
June
(34)
►
May
(36)
►
April
(32)
►
March
(38)
►
February
(30)
►
January
(31)
►
2021
(408)
►
December
(35)
►
November
(31)
►
October
(33)
►
September
(31)
►
August
(35)
►
July
(31)
►
June
(33)
►
May
(38)
►
April
(34)
►
March
(36)
►
February
(29)
►
January
(42)
►
2020
(172)
►
December
(41)
►
November
(69)
►
October
(41)
►
September
(21)
►
2016
(1)
►
July
(1)
►
2012
(10)
►
September
(1)
►
July
(3)
►
April
(1)
►
March
(1)
►
February
(1)
►
January
(3)
►
2011
(40)
►
November
(4)
►
October
(3)
►
September
(4)
►
August
(3)
►
July
(3)
►
June
(4)
►
May
(6)
►
April
(3)
►
March
(3)
►
February
(4)
►
January
(3)
►
2010
(4)
►
December
(4)
No comments:
Post a Comment